<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Knitting a Plan for National Security 

One of my goals this summer is to try my hand at dyeing, using the Koolaid method a la Knitty.com koolaid. While perusing the color "chart" I imagined a colorful wide striped cardigan using four or five colors, maybe yellow, orange, green and blue. At this time I was listening to a national news channel and the topic was the upcoming holiday and the potential threat of terrorist attacks. There was also the usual discussion about how the nearly constant high alert levels have caused complacency amongst the people.

Serendipity. Why not knit a Terror Alert sweater using Koolaid colors? What a great idea for a knit-along while contributing to the collective safety of our fine country. The sweater would be striped in all the colors of the alert system. When the sweater is worn, a moveable pin or button would indicate the current threat level. If this thing catches on, maybe the big kahunas might consider changing the alert colors to Koolaid flavors. It certainly would grab the public's attention and be refreshing as well. For "Orange" I like "Mandarina Tangerina. I can't remember if I took my meds today.

Confession: In yesterday's entry I unfairly blamed my husband for distracting me during a tough pattern row in my lacey tunic sweater. After being away from the piece (the knitting, not my husband) for two days, I resumed working on it and realized that I had been knitting the right pattern in the wrong row. Sorry honey!

That's not to say he doesn't distract me. Someone needs to invent a flag system to signal loved ones when the knitter absolutely should not be approached under any circumstances (i.e. casting on for a 1001 stitch sweater, lacey rows, etc). Maybe it's time for deelly boppers to reinvent themselves.

My cat just puked on the mousepad. She'd been outside. I wonder what she's been eating. I hope to get some more bloggy things figured out over the next couple of days. I also hope the above link worked, it was my first time.

If anyone is actually reading this, you'll notice there is the ghost of a knitter's blog ring thingy somewhere. It doesn't work yet. I signed up in the wee hours this morning and forget to pay attention to what is supposed to happen next. Hopefully the universe will provide.

Labels:





Comments: Post a Comment