<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Thursday, July 03, 2003

Chewin' Through the Links 

Sometimes my brain gets to chewing on something and won't stop until either the flavor goes stale, a bigger and better bite comes along or someone whups me upside the head. This cognitive feature has its ups and downs. The ups include that it makes me a good problem solver (although sometimes a tired one, if the juiciest chewing is at 2am). The most significant down is that I usually can't control what's currently on the chew carousel (sp?) regardless of how banal.

My latest chew has been about linking my blog to my impending vacation. Please don't get me wrong. I am under no delusion that any of you have been checking here three times an hour to see if I'd added any links. Nor do I presume that you will want to click if given the option. This isn't about you..it's about me. Me helping my brain to put its gum on the bedpost over night.

As a new blogger, I enjoy checking out the various sites and sizing up individual styles. I've heard that a well-linked blog indicates that it's creator likely (or linkly) knows something of what he/she writes. If I can't be that blogger, then, dangit, I'm gonna look the part.

So, here it be. On July 5, me and mine are going on vacation. We're renting a cottage on Glen Lake (Technically, it's a photo of Little Glen Lake. A smaller and distinct lake "linked" to Glen Lake by a narrow channel aka The Narrows). Glen Lake is in Glen Arbor, Michigan. Glen Arbor is in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.

There is a wonderful little yarn shop in Glen Arbor. It's called The Yarn Shop. It's a very cozy place, always with at least a couple of women sitting, knitting and jawing. I only get up there about once a year, but one of the owners, Mary, always remembers me by face.

Okay, I'm feeling pretty linked out now, but I made a commitment and I'm sticking to it.

I haven't worked yet on my daughter's sweater. I've given myself permission not to finish it before we leave. But I will. It's in my blood. My mom was always finishing someone's dress in the car, on the way to the Sunday School Christmas Pageant. It's what we do.

My knitting plans over vacation: A sleeveless T for a friend for an August birthday. The yarn is Reynolds Cabana, purple. The pattern is an Elann freebie FromTahki-Stacy Charles called Textured Sleeveless Top.

I don't think I'll be working on the lacey tunic because there will be too many people around (teenaged son bringing a friend) and other relatives are coming to visit. I'll probably work on a garter square here and there. And, of course, there's always a textile treasure to be found at The Yarn Shop. All right, I'm getting freaky now.

I'm pretty sure I won't be posting until after I return from vacation on July 12, hopefully with great photos of my Tankini lines.

Labels: ,





Comments: Post a Comment