<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Monday, July 14, 2003

Cyber Souvenirs 

Yesterday I spent most of my allotted computer time figuring out how to steal and successfully display the Knitbloggers button. Remember, I know about nothing of this stuff so I am feeling very proud of this accomplishment. I figured it out by examining the code innards of buttons that are already on my blog and replicated the html pattern.

My next goal is to design my own button, but I fear that goal is in line behind getting the pig to fly.

Vacation was good, but weather was disappointing the last two days. Rainy and cold. Without a 21 month old crying at the window wanting to go to "watah, outside!" (she learned that if she just wailed "watah" she'd get a sippy cup full) the rainy days would have allowed for wonderful knitting and knapping opportunities. I actually appreciate a rainy day at the end of vacation week, because there is no pressure to seize glorious vacation moments.

Cottage(decor was vintage 1969, Brady Bunch Golds, Greens and Orange) on Glen Lake, in Glen Arbor, Michigan.

Sunset on Glen Lake

Lake Michigan and view of South Manitou Island (one of the baby bears that didn't make it to shore, per legend):

Knitting Stuff
I finished the body work on the Textured top. This was a very quick knit on size 10's and fairly mindless pattern. There's no ribbing or finishing, although I may attempt to crochet around neck and armholes for a more finished look. I haven't tried crochet yet (when I learned to knit, there was not much crossover of these arts) but I figure if I can do a button, I can figure this out.




The second sample is the front of a cardigan jacket from Vintage Knits (Sarah Dallas). This pattern has breast pockets, which I'm forgoing. I don't need anymore padding in that direction. I considered doing a "faux" pocket effect but when I asked the clerk at the yarn store for advice on the feasibility she looked at the pattern photo and expressed concern that four pockets would be too many and asked where I would put the two extra. I decided that was a sign from the textile goddesses to skip the pockets.




I was able to venture into Glen Arbor to take advantage of it's renowned artsy fartsiness. There's a fabulous jewelry store there called Becky Thatcher Designs. Most of the stuff on her website is of the high end ilk. I purchased some "low end" earrings. On the left is freshwater pearls with aventurine. On the right are what I'd call an opal veneer.

I bought a bit o' yarn as well. I hope to post future project plans later this week.

It was good to be on vacation, but it's always good to be home.

::Editing Note: I took non-knit-related pictures off page and linked instead, too slow. I learn as I go::

Labels:





Comments: Post a Comment