<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Wednesday, July 02, 2003

No Time  

Yesterday I whined to my husband "I really need to do some blocking." He thought I said "blogging" and replied "You've spent enough time blogging, you need to get back to knitting!" Ouch. Ouchie! He's right, and I know it. I should be knitting right now.

We're leaving on vacation this Saturday, heading to beautiful Glen Arbor, Michigan, in the Sleeping Bear National Park. I am short on time at this moment, but will try later to link to something Sleeping Bearish, but also worth your click and side trip. Most of the sites I visited today, when I should have been knitting, were mostly advertisement.

Okay, back to vacation, although I really should be knitting. For the past month, I have planned on having my daughter's pouch pocket pullover, blocked, sewn and ready to be packed. But it's none of the above. Not nearly.

Today I pulled out the pieces to ready them for blocking and found a noticeable booboo that needs to be repaired. So instead of resting up from a sound steaming, the sweater was unceremoniously frogged (some spitting was involved here) and is currently stuffed back into the knitting bag. I should be knitting right now.

Yesterday the Man in Brown delivered my new bathing suit for vacation.
It's a Tankini.
Tankini?
Tankini.

I think it means "small tank." A bathing suit actually billed as a "small tank" would be hard to sell. Says the saleslady: Ma'am, to cover those trouble spots, you're going to need a small tank. So they made up this word, Tankini. The teeny "ini" makes it sound cute, stylish....acceptable.

A tank is large and lumbering. A Tankini is modest and drapey.
A tank has a turret. I have two. Mine evidently require special containment that can only be found in the reinforced cloakage of a Tankini.
Tankini?
Tankini.

I hope it snows. Glen Arbor is beautiful when it snows.

Labels:





Comments: Post a Comment