<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Friday, August 29, 2003

Barney Got it Right Sometimes, Right? 

One thing I lamented greatly at the close of summer vacation was not having some evidence of my knithood to wear upon return to work. Some of the women I work with are very interested in my knitting travels/travails/travesties. I sometimes feel uncomfortable because these women seem to think my skills are all that and a bag of cashmere. hardyhar. I guess I look at it like the adage "In the village of the blind, the near-sighted man is king."

I have some GGH Samoa left over from an unfinished Rebecca sweater I started several years back. My boyfriend at the time (now husband) was quite intrigued (disbelieving?) with my claim that I knew how to knit, because I met him during my crafty hiatus. I started the sweater (a cropped v-neck cable pullover), and shortly after we became engaged (coincidence? I don't think so).

With only a few months to sell a house, prepare to move and plan a wedding, the sweater was stashed away. In the meantime, I gained 10 pounds. No way this sweater will fit me now, so I abandoned it.

Anyhoo. I have this lovely yarn and a lovely pattern (called Nantucket Brocade) from the Knitting the New Classics anthology (Nicholas) and I'm fixin' to finish it this weekend to wear to work next week. Really.

Nantucket Brocade


Brocade Promenade


Hopefully, this project will be a feather in my cap. If not, I like the literary potential of nasty thoughts that rhyme with Nantucket.




Comments: Post a Comment