<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Perfunctory Performance 

I've been meaning to post something new and tantalizing for two days. Unfortunately, I've been so tired I can hardly hear myself type, let alone correctly spell tantalizink twice in one paragraph.

For the record, I think it's just wrong that summer keeps marching on (albeit to a slower step) after school resumes. If not snowing, it should at least be frosting or something.

As is typically my style, I waited until the last minute to cram a few summer "to-do" items into the last weekend of summer. One of those items was getting my daughter to the zoo.

Mama and The Cakers

Picture Narrative: Cakers not happy to hear that summer is over but Mama so brave to hide pain behind denture-style smile. Readers wonder, what zoo? Try scratch n sniff monitor to fully appreciate experience of nearby island of monkeys with nasty things hanging from nasty places. note:High resolution monitor and two shots of tequila required for this function.

Cakers and Billy Goat not so Gruff


Dim Knitted
The Suki bag is stalled. The strap didn't felt proper and it's way too long. And I can't make another because I'm out of that color of dyed yarn, and besides, who's to say that I wouldn't just mess it up again, anyway?

In consideration of my recent string of fiber failures, I have come to the conclusion that I have turned into The Hapless Knitter or is it.....The Most Unfortunate Knitter...?

I've got it. I'm Deputy Knitter Barney Fife. I'm the wink-wink nudge dufus of Knitblog RFD.

I may look, walk and talk the knitter, but truth be, the Sheriff keeps all my knitting tools locked in safe down at the station. I'm only allowed to use them under dy-reckt supervision.

Further Barney Theory Substantiation: I initially read Chicknits as Chick Nits, as in lice eggs on baby hens. I figured it musta been a big-city, inside joke thangy.

So there you have it. Having made this confession, I somehow feel emancipated from something ugly and oppressive. I feel free and oddly refreshed.

No more ruse of competency. The jig is up.

Welcome to my Fifedom.

Labels: , ,





Comments: Post a Comment