<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Wednesday, September 10, 2003

L'il Re-Miss Thang (The Re-mix) 

I seem to have a bad case of Blog Lag ("Blag" if you will") and have been remiss in my blogging duties. This seems to be the result of a variety of forces colluding against me in my quest to maintain the bloglife style to which I have become accustomed. Five of these forces have names and live in my house. Two of the five are furry..well three are furry, at least sort of.

I truly love and cherish all the creatures who have been assigned to me for the purpose of physical and emotional nurturing. But some days I indulge myself in a little fantasy where I gather everyone into a room (I stand closest to exit) and proclaim that I'm not ready for a serious relationship after all. Maybe we'd all be better off as "just friends."

"What does that mean?" might the new Friend Formerly Known as Husband ask. It means cook your own food, wash your own clothes and buy your own dang computer to hook up to your own blessit phone line. To the teenager it means all those things plus a reminder that "friends" give "friends" more than 45 minutes notice to attend a mandatory school function that's been on the daily announcement scrolling marquis since the first day of school.

To the dogs and cats...it means cleaning up your own puke after a night of revelry, which seems to include binging on poop and mouse entrails down at the corner lot. In all fairness, the dog is usually pretty friendly about cleaning up after both himself and the cat. He even helps clean the litter box. But yesterday was an exception (you might guess what he'd been eating). And today I only wish to purge the piling pool of intruding thoughts about the clean-up.

I really love taking care of all my goofballs. I'm just asking for a little less talkin' barkin' mewin' eatin' goofin' poopin' pukin' and 'puter hoggin', so we can all be on our way to a beautiful relationship.

Everybody Loves Ramen...
...noodles for a quick snack, but not for knitting. I had to frog a sweater to get more yarn for the Nantucket and it ended up looking like this:



I did finish the back of the Nantucket Brocade but cannot proceed until I deal with the noodles.


I want Brocade
To finish fasta.
But first must deal
With bowl of pasta.


Editor's Note: I began this post on Sunday but didn't finish/ publish until today. It was originally published today under Sunday's date but I recently cutnpasted to current 'cause it was buggin' me.





Comments: Post a Comment