<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Thursday, September 25, 2003

The Meek Shawl Inherit the Mirth
I have about 18 inches done on the Wave Along. I don't really think I'll be posting many more pictures of updates, at least for awhile. It seems kind of...well...repetitively redundant. It's not like it has a developing color scheme or shape. It's just more of the same, only longer.


House of Cards
Last weekend we took The Cakers to a neighborhood street fair. They had local bands and choirs for entertainment and there were booths of various crafty/political/esoteric/munchable persuasions.

The Cakers really enjoyed dancing to a local Irish group. My daughter's soul seems to have some connections to this type of music, as her dance moves were remarkably reflective of the sounds and rhythm.

I paid $5.00 for a Tarot reading that revealed I was enjoying the happiest time of my life. This was reflected through The Sun card in the apex position. I have no argument with the projection. I am deliciously happy, and I can't remember my life ever being this good.

But my "inner worrier" focused on the possibility that from "the apex", one could only go downhill. My husband reminded me that I paid 5 bucks for information that I probably could have intuited myself, for free. And if I kept up the morose attitude, everyone's happiness quotients would rapidly decline.

I also picked up this bit of history from a vintage clothier. It's circa late 70's, likely something my mother wouldn't have been caught dead in. We were poor, but we had standards.



I wasn't real happy with this picture. My husband took several shots, but could not stay away from my double chin.

Through my attempts to crop a chin, I somehow ended up as a quadruple-chinned Retro-Rorschach. I think the jacket is haunted by the spirit of the rare mescaline zebra.


Today's Lesson: What God hath in the attic, let no man take for plunder.





Comments: Post a Comment