<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Gimme Shawlter
(Amy, ya done provoked me)

I've only completed a couple more inches on the shawl, due to a hellacious couple of days at work, which spilled into to a hellacious couple of evenings of work, at home. I think I'm through the worst of it, except for the obligatory, post-hellacious obsessing. I've learned that this form of "dwelling" is easier to allow to run its course instead of fighting.

On a Lighter Note
A few weeks ago, The Curmudgeon listed her all-time favorite songs. I thought this a cool idea, and found her list interesting and somewhat surprising.

So without further adieu, here's a list of my all-time top 10 songs. For the record, I had a hard time narrowing the list to 10, but thought the exercise in discipline do me good.

The songs are not necessarily in any order, but Van Morrison is definitely one of my all-time favorite artists.

1) Into the Mystic- Van Morrison
2) I'll be There-Jackson Five
3) Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Z) Under Pressure-Queen and David Bowie
4) Losing my Religion- REM
E) Until You Come Back To Me - Aretha
5) Don't Leave me This Way - Thelma Houston
6) Down to Zero - Joan Armatrading
L) Break Your Heart - Bare Naked Ladies
7) Spiritual High (State of Independence)-Chrissy Hine with MoodSwings
J) Hello, It's Me - Todd Rundgren
8) Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
9) Girl of the North Country - Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash
10) Missing - Everything But the Girl

Wow. That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

I did go through a hip-hop phaze shortly after I was divorced. I still enjoy a hip hop but none of the genre favorites were worthy of this list.

Speaking of hip-hop, I'll never forget the time my son and I were waiting to be seated at a local, church-lady type eating establishment (Daphne, it was Arnie's) and he asked loudly "Mom? What does it mean to be 'a freakin' and sell it on the weekend?' "

What could I say but "it's none of your bizniz?"




Comments: Post a Comment