<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Monday, November 10, 2003

A Dip in the Past
In the mail I received a new (to me) catalog called Bits and Pieces
There didn't seem to be much to spark my interest. Lots of trinkety junkety items for the perennial collector of all things bric-a-brac.

I was about to toss until I came upon this:


It's a head bobbing thirsty bird. For those unfamiliar with this vintage gewgaw, through some miracle of science (and without batteries) the bird's head bobs up and down, in and out of the glass of water. Every once in a while he languishes for a long draw, then resumes the bob.

We had one of these. The pendulum-like motion of his little feathered head, accompanied by the gentle "tink" of his neck hitting the rim of the glass, lulled me to sleep some nights.

Moving to a Smock Free Environment
No knews on the knitting front, er...make that knitting back. We have parent/teacher conferences this week at work in the evenings. Huge time drain.

I need to get Moving on the Smocking because Christmas is coming and I have to resume some gift knitting that I started last summer.

My plan is to finish the back of the Moving Smock and pick up the Berroco Striped Turtleneck again. I have yet to figure out how to match sleeve stripes to body, which has caused a severe case of the "I'll think about it laters."

And I'm not blowing smock when I say that from here to Christmas, it's going to be knuttin' but kno-knonsense knitting 'round here.




Comments: Post a Comment