<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Heifervescent Personality Disclaimer
After I posted the Dr. Heifer song, I had a tinge of fear that some would think I was referring to people 'round here as cows.

Of course, that's silly.

But since I'm kind of neurotic, I still feel the need to explain.

I used to work with a guy whose last name was Pfeffer. Pfeffer is German for Pepper. We used to sing him the Dr. Pfeffer jingle.

Heifer...Pfeffer. It's the cow that jumped over my brain. No insults intended.

Three Stripes and I'm Out
Progress on the Berrocan Uxbridge turtle was moving along this weekend. Quick as a bunny.

It's mindless stockinette, but the size 10 needles make it fast, and the stripes make it mildly interesting. It was so easy and mindless, I didn't even need to consult the pattern until it was time to shape the armholes. Hell, I didn't even know where the pattern book was.

Knitting without a pattern. What a feeling.
go Marcia, go Marcia....

It takes me 10 minutes to dig out the pattern book (I quit work on this project back in...hmmm...July?). I then plop down on the couch, humming to a cheerleader beat, place the pattern book in a readable position and pick up the needles to resume.

go Marcia, go Marcia...

::gulp::
::shit::

cry Marcia, cry Marcia...

There was a decrease pattern. I forgot about the frickin' decrease pattern. Every 2 and 1/4 inches, decrease one stitch each end. The first decrease (done back in July) was even marked by a cute little pink stitch marker, 'cause that's the conscientious, caring kind of knitter I am.

frog Marcia, frog Marcia

The Name Game
My blog sistah Amy has found several knitting knamesakes amongst knitbloggers.

I haven't seen another Marcia or Marcy around here. But Amy's post did bring to mind that every yarn shop I've patronized regularly in the past five years has had a "Marcia" in residence (employee and/or owner). Most of these shops are here in town but one of them is 200 miles north, in a summer resort town.

The weird thing is, I've never actually seen each of these Marcias, but only heard them referred to by other shop employees (ex: "Marcia called in sick, " "What does Marcia want us to do with this?" etc. ).

I think it's all the same woman. Who's with me on this one? Is there a Marcia at your LYS?

Oh yeah...Be a Heifer.





Comments: Post a Comment