<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Knit Some, Hurl Too
I stayed home from work again yesterday. I'm not sure if it was the same bug that bit the Cakers on Halloween or just an uglier manifestation of the versatile virus that's been morphing on me for nearly two weeks now.

I was able to get much knitting done, however, and am pleased to announce that I'm up to my armpits in Smock and Awe.



Sprinkles of Inspiration
I know that artists and designers can and do get inspiration from just about anywhere. I'm no artist, but I have become inspired by (fixated upon, obsessed with) this Chocolate Jimmy sweater from one of the Cakers' favorite picture books* and have actually perused yarn shops for possibilities.


I picture it done up in a plush wool. Turtleneck. Chocolate Jimmies** de rigueur.

For some reason this little cutie plucks at my pork strings as well.


*I added this link after mon Amis reminded me (via comments) of my incredible lapse in reference protocal. I did have a nagging thought about it last night after publish, but at 11pm, that book may as well have been on Mars.
**I added this link after realizing the term may not be universally recognized.





Comments: Post a Comment