<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Thursday, November 20, 2003

Weekly Grief, I'll be Brief
No time for bloggin.'
No time for froggin.'
3 hours at dentist
Left a pain in my noggin.

I'll not bore with dental details (and honies, they be a plenty), but I do need to share this one thing. At the height of my oral hexation, I opened my eyes briefly and caught an eyeful of the dentist and his assistant, alternately bobbing their heads over my great wide open. I about busted out laughing, as it brought to mind this image:



In "comments", Rachael asked about my mother's response to her birthday gift, the Indulgence Wave and Shell Shawl.

First of all, I need to say that my mother (I love her, I do) is a "the-glass-is-half-full-but-what-am-I-supposed-to-do-with-a-half-full-glass-of-anything?-and-I-hope-someone-doesn't-knock-the-half-full-glass-off-the-table-so-I-end-up-with-a-sliver-in-my-foot-and-have-to-go-to-the-med-center-for-anti-biotics-because-they-give-me-the-screaming-shits" kind of person.

That being said, I'm happy to say that my mom loved the shawl. After she first opened the gift, I held my breath, awaiting a comment about shawls being for old ladies. But she didn't say it.

Not then, anyway.

Later in the evening, after my siblings arrived, I did overhear her make a comment to the effect that wearing a white shawl in Florida might make her look like an old lady. ::sigh::

All in shawl, come January she'll be shelling out compliments to her talented daughter, while showing off her new prize to her Florida cronies. I've been living this "system" for 45 years. I'm almost over it.

Almost.




Comments: Post a Comment