<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Saturday, December 13, 2003

Are You There Blogger? It's me, Marcy
My blog was incommunicado for at least 3 hours last night. After two hours, I had a thought that someone at Blogger might be interested in my problem. In the light of a new day, however, I'm feeling kind of embarrassed at my naivete.

In my quest for assistance, I first checked Blogger's Main and Status sites. I finally found a place to send a request for help, at the bottom of the Support page. Whew!

After I sent off the pertinent information, a message came up that said something to the effect "We'll do what we can to help, but keep in mind that paying customers get first priority." Gasp!

I shouldn't complain because everything seems in working order at this time.

I shouldn't complain because I'm enjoying the benefits of a welfare blogging state, on Blogger's dime.

I shouldn't complain because I think Biz Stone is a biscuit. And if not for his book, Blogging, I wouldn't be here right now.

I shouldn't complain because at least Blogger didn't have the audacity, in my wee hour of need, to pop up a PayPal link offering me an immediate upgrade to the paid service.

But at 1:00am, being unexpectedly disenfran-blogged can make a person feel very alone. Abandoned. Vulnerable.

So, for the record (i.e. for ye Blogger gods, capable of smiting me down with one swift keystroke),
I'm not complainin'.

I'm just sayin'.





Comments: Post a Comment