<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Friday, December 12, 2003

Chilled morn sublime
And I'm playing hooky
To shop for gifts
And bake a cookie.

Gotta keep this brief.
Gonna shop for kin.
I'm just waiting for
The meds to kick in.

I knit this up last night. It's Bonne Marie's Vanilla Beanie made up in leftover Lamb's Pride, Koolaid dyed and beige Lion stuff fisherman wool.

Hmmm...The lion laid down with the lamb. Maybe I should call it the Peace Beanie.

I made it a bit shorter than what the pattern directed. This change wasn't based on some artistic vision. I just wanted it to hurry up and be done, so I increased the decrease rows.



I'm not sure if I'm going to meet my goal of making hats for all the nieces and nephews for Christmas. I'd forgotten that I still have to finish a sweater for my mother-n-law. I'm going to get back to that and then see what time I have remaining.

This is what I do. I have great ideas, always a day late and a skein short. Then I nearly kill myself trying to get it done. I want it to be "just right." In reality, peeps don't really give a rat's patoot if I knit them a vanilla beanie or a fake fur weenie.

I should be at the mall right now, but I'm kind of enjoying having the place to myself. It's going be nuts around here for the next few weeks. Husband's working day and night on a huge project, varsity basketball season starts tonight and I have to work through December 23.

How fun does that sound? A social worker trapped in a high school with 1800 holiday frenzied kids and 100 plus crabby adults? That's me in the corner.... sniffing the pages of my DSM-IV...losing my religion.

I'm off!
And I'm leaving too.




Comments: Post a Comment