<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Tuesday, December 02, 2003



I finished the back of the Berrocan Turtleneck, but it was slow gowing. The turtles and frogs have been getting along far too well, here in my living room.

Over the weekend, I clocked significant stitchage on the back piece. As I approached midpoint of an exhilirating descent into the armpit cavern, I realized I had made a decrease goof. ::I swear, these simple stockinette pieces always get the best of me!::

So I cussed a mighty streak, and a-froggin I did go.
And a froggin' I did go, some mo.

And then I cussed a mighty streak, again. 'Cause I done jumped over the frog pond, by three inches, and landed in a pile of pooh.

Even as I type the recap, I'm cussing in my mind's mouth.

Is there a cute little name for over-froggin'? Leapfrog works for me.

Ribbit shibbit.

Special Guests


On Sunday, I distracted myself from the ambiguously amphibious with this rendition of the London Beanie, from Sarah, of Knit Happens fame.



The hat is for my son (although The Cakers has recently donned, wearing nothing else but a dimpled smile and daddy's Ugg slippers) and made up in Encore in his school colors. ::We're Michigan State fans around here, so don't you "Go Blue" fanatics go thinking stuff:. FYI: Cam's high school took the state football championship over the weekend, 2nd year running.

The London Beanie is a quick and fun knit. I did have some aerobic bungling along the way, as I tried to retrain and retain in da brain, how to knit circular with two needles. The only appropriate size circs available to me were a bit short for comfortable, two-kneedle knitting.

In fact, I had several crabby moments with the two, too-shorts, where it felt like I was appendage wrestling a creature of this ilk.

My next project will be the Marsana Watchcap from Red Lipstick.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, as I have much on my Christmas knitting roster. But with no promises to anyone, I've left myself plenty of escape routes.

Yikes. It's bedtime.

I'm too tired for a clever parting wrap-up. So here's an old standby that's related to nothing in this post: "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you throw up."



That is a shot of my college sweetheart. Although some say he was a stoner, he truly was my rock, I'm tellin' ya. I feel kind of bad that I took him for granite. .



Comments: Post a Comment