<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Saturday, December 27, 2003


It's over now.
A time was had.
I feel not low.
I feel not sad.

Today, unbathed
I sat and knit.
The dishes piled,
...I gave a shit.

To sit all day,
This knittin' whore,
Realized her butt
Would get real sore.

So I stretched a spell.
And kissed a girl.
Then sat back down
To knit and purl.

My knuckles now
Are tight and gnarly.
My shoulder aches,
But I'm not snarly.

With no regrets,
Today was mine.
The Cakers Snuggles;
Beyond divine.

I'll soon return
To the family race.
I'll wash a load,
I'll wash my face.

I'll tweeze a brow.
I'll cook a meal.
I'll retake charge
With normal zeal.

But I'll not forget
My recent glory.
This day of knittin'
And smelling poorly.

Holiday Coping Strategies 101



When it comes to methods of escaping holiday madness, we can learn much from our fine furred friends.

(I have no idea what he was going for in there. The bag contained nothing but a grease spot, although earlier I had removed from it a package of peanut M&M's that a non-thinking family member had gifted to my 2 year old).

I'm thinking of designing something like this for myself, for next year. What a fantasy...Me sitting on the couch at Christmas with a holiday bag over my head, while my family runs around in a panic, looking for Christmas.




Comments: Post a Comment