<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Saturday, December 06, 2003

Thrilled With Crabbiness
Looky, look!
My Sister of the Blog, Amy, gave me an early Christmas gif. It's a personal icon to be used when I need to represent my ever transitory state of being unfit for human consumption. She's aptly titled "Marcia's Crab." And I love her.



Not only is Amy a sweetie, she's also very talented. For that is one well-crafted, crabby looking crustacean.

I've been really busy and continue to be so. So I need to make this short.

On the way home from work yesterday, I remembered that I had a haircut appointment today. To which I said "Yeah!" Then I thought "I get to see Migena (my hairdresser)." "Yeah!" again.

Then: "Man, I need to start thinking about knitting her that scarf for Christmas."
Suddenly: "Oh, Man! It's December 5! Tomorrow will be my last hair appointment before Christmas! Think fast!."

So I zoom off to the yarn store and picked up some of that, out of which I made this, last night:


I realize that shot of the yarn is blurry. The fur is Berroco Sizzle and the other is Classic Elite, Gatsby in French Blue. I originally envisioned a much looser fabric, but couldn't find my (as of yet, unused) size 19 Addis anywhere.

The color combo is my own invention. The results (in person) are quite mesmerizing. Makes me think of a peacock, in that from far away you think you're seeing one color but up close you realize it's much more complicated.

Now that I'm done with the scarf, my new obsession will be hunting down the Addis. Those puppies weren't cheap.

I haven't been around here much and unable to respond to comments, as I love to do. My husband has been working on a huge project, and if he's not hogging the computer, he's at the office. Either way, he's not been available to help with "The-Notoriously-Naked-Cakers."

Naked Toddling. It's Cakers new thing. Yeah, adorable.

But she's not potty trained. This means that Full Monty, she needs to be in my range of vision at all times. Even in Cakers-proof zones. Yeah, adorable.

Gotta Run!

P.S. Amy, the gift of pun is both a blessing and a curse.

P.P.S. I haven't given this post a final proofing. Sometimes ya just gotta close your eyes and hit the button.




Comments: Post a Comment