<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Tuesday, December 30, 2003

You Pay, You Play
I finished my sister's scarf last night. It's about six feet long, for her double wrapping pleasure.

Here I am modeling a VooDoo .



Can I strike a pose or what? While I'm not nearly the knitter she is, my modeling moves might give that ever stylin' Becky a run for her bunny. Except I don't recall ever seeing uninvited body parts in any of Becky's shots. And I'm betting that she doesn't chew her cuticles either.

Bron wondered (in yesterday's comments) what's next on the needles, after I pay up on my current knitting markers?

Well Bron, let me tell ya. I dunno.

I'm eager to get back to the bundled cable piece that was put on ice for the holidays.

I'm doubly eager to start playing wit summa dis:



This Hot Pink stuff was delivered the day after Christmas, a la the You Know Who Bears. In the same package was another complete set of Denise needles.

Why a new set of Denise's? Because I was not aware that Denise cables are a licorice-like delicacy for Bella Booskies. I could have just settled for replacement cables, but I'm finding that my WIP needs have been exceeding my needling capability. With this new Denise set, I'm now prepared to practice pathological project propagation to the tune of 16-20 cast-on's at a time, at least.

My immediate new project goal (hopefully to start today, if I ever get out of this seat) is to get me one of them there furry scarves. Although I try to avoid trendy things (Ex: I refused to buy capri pants for about 3 years, but finally broke down after I realized they were here to stay), the fur is starting to grow on me and I like that it can dress (and fatten) up a plain, cheap yarn, in quick order.

My plan is to combine this pale peeish green Sirdar acrylic/nylon blend with this furry stuff from Lion Brand. At first glance these two don't really go well together, but the eyelash has a perfect match dash of the peeish greenish color in it and the trial swatch looked really good.



Here's a weird thing: I don't own a hand knit scarf. gasp. A knitter in Michigan without a scarf? I can hardly type the words.

Caker's went to Nana and Goga's today, so I could make some gift returns. I really missed her though, she's getting to that age where she's doing or saying something newly amazing every day.

So I gotta go now, and get me summa dat.

::I'm typing and running so please pardon any missed editing items::.


Edit note: (12/30/03 9:20 pm est) The picture of the up and coming scarf yarn wasn't showing up previously. In my hurryupiness, I had typed height/weight specs for the picture instead of height/width.



Comments: Post a Comment