<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Saturday, January 03, 2004

Bad Yarn Habits...I Bid thee EDieu
First of all, I need to say that the recent baring of my stash was not intended as bragging or meant to inspire envy. It was a confession. A confession of personal weakness. A confession of having commited at least 3 deadly sins (gluttony, greed and sloth).

While I'm proud for not buying more yarn on January 1, I'm very much regretting my lack of similar restraint throughout the past Yarn Year, 2003 (YY03). While some of the stuff pictured in the January 1 post is beautiful, quality yarn, most of it is crap. Stinky crap that I not only paid to possess, but actually paid extra for someone to send to me, from time zones near and far. And for the record, all said junk junkets were courtesy of EBad.

I have been working on "plans of use" for the good stuff, most of which is chunky and plentiful. As for the stinky crap, I'm going to keep it forever, mixed with the good. I'm keeping it as a reminder of the collective price of poor judgment, impulsivity and bidding on the edge (at least 3 stinky yarn "wins" occured only because I was giggin' on the biddin' and payin' no 'tenshun to the prize).

So, envy not comrades. Learn from my errant ways. Purchase carefully. Purchase with a purpose. And most importantly, purchase with love and commitment.

Yarns of a Different Color
In addition to taking stock of my literal, fibry yarn stash, I've also been taking stock of my literary yarn stash. I speak of the unfinished and/or as of yet unused posts currently resting in my Blogger Draft Bin. While I was really excited when Blogger added draft capability for us "low rent" users, this option made it much too easy to collect and store unused materials (hmmm...sounds familiar)

Some of my unfinished posts are silly and others personal. Because I hate to see a thought go to waste, I'm trying to put together a post which will briefly honor these currently comatose drafts, via thumbnail summaries. Said post is hopefully coming soon. ::It's taking me longer than I thought. Brevity with context is hard to pull off::

In the Meantime
Check out some new knitting links, Hatamaran and The YarnPath. And the tales of a Wandering Hillbilly, courtesy of Teresa at Hatamaran. To ensure a first visit Hillbilly hook, be sure to read a few posts.


Note: For some reason, The Hillbilly blog makes me feel kind of homesick. I've always felt this way about some parts of the South, although I've lived only in Michigan. I've sometimes wondered if my birth angel had some kind of directional dyslexia and inadvertently sent me down the wrong side of the Mason-Dixon chute. .



Comments: Post a Comment