<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Thursday, January 22, 2004

Jim Croce is Dead?




what decade does your personality live in?


quiz brought to you by lady interference, ltd



My blog gets hits every day from people googling "Marcia." Just the one name. No other variables. Yeah. Weird.

Through trying to figure out this weirdness, I've determined that the Marcias of the world are being stalked by someone with issues of specificity. Vague issues. Commitment issues.

Anyway. Today, curiosity got the better of me and I peeked at the gaggle of Marcia googles. It's there I found the link to my European Blog Sister de Nom. I'm half Dutch (second generation) so this other Marcia-powered-blog was a particularly special find. She has some interesting links, including the "What Decade..." quiz.

*Amy is still my true blog sister, this other one is a sister in name only.

I'll have knitting updates in a couple of days.

I do have happy basketball news. He played 10 minutes and made 7 points (in 45 seconds) on Tuesday.

For the record, I'm not one of "those moms" who thinks their kid deserves special entitlements, above others. I believe all kids deserve a fair chance. Truth be, I hardly understand most sports. Basketball is the easiest for me on account of the big balls, and all.

There are 14 on the varsity team; 7 seniors, 5 juniors and two freshmen. The freshmen are starters. Although they are really good players (for 14 years old) they aren't exactly cracking up to be the crackerjacks promised. I actually feel bad for them because they're under much scrutiny by peers, parents and the community at large.

There's more to the story, but it's complicated, political and not particularly interesting to anyone outside this community (and hardly interesting to those within). So no more whining.

I have no idea if things will play out differently now. Most important is that my boy was given a chance and the son done shined!





Comments: Post a Comment