<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Snow Day, Yippay!

For any of you who grew up in Snow-Day-Potential climes, I'm here to tell you...They're even more whee-worthy as an adult. I know, it's hard to imagine.

This was my view from my living room couch at 8:30 this morning.



So, you might be thinking that at 8:30 I parked myself in front of this window and had myself a good knit. Au contrare. I did housework. All day. Detailed, smelly, deliciously compulsive housework.

Housework on a Snow Day is typically way, way against the Snow Day rules. Ask any snow belt teacher-type. But for me, today, housework was just what the doctor ordered (Dr. Knitlittle, I presume?).

It sounds crazy, I know. Believe me, I know. This is one Snow Day rule I have never, ever violated. In fact, I appears that I hold to this rule most days of the year.

But last night I decided that the sorry state of my household was a contributor to my recent contraction of The Knittinsuckinola. ::there are other contributors, I've no time to address them now. And tomorrow, it may not even matter.::

You see, I'm not a clean person. But I wouldn't call myself a slob either. I guess you could say that I have high tolerance for mess, matched with equally low levels of motivation to do anything about it. Rachael recently confessed her housekeeping habits at her blog. But I'm thinking she's The Fly Lady, compared to me. I have dust webs with their own eco-systems and weather patterns. In fact, I'm sure I've seen glimpses of them on local Doppler radar.

But today, tolerance and motivation seemed to strike a perfect match. And I'm pleased to say that I'm on my way to a healthy recovery.

Thanks all, for your good thoughts and excellent advice.





Comments: Post a Comment