<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Thursday, January 01, 2004

Taking Stock
My favorite yarn store holds a 20% off sale every New Years Day. I woke up this morning with every intention of going.

Being the responsible knitter and consumer that I am, I thought it best to devise a plan of purchase before embarking on this annual trek.

First, a cup of coffee. Next, a look at my current "Yarns I Need" list. Hmmm, where is that list, anyway?

As my mother would say "It's here somewhere." So I went to the basement, to look around. Unfortunately, I didn't find a "Yarns I Need" list, but I did find 2 bins filled with this:



All righty. I'll check the main floor. No "Yarns I Need" list there either. And believe you me, I looked carefully, through this:





One last place to look. My bedroom closet.

Dang.
Nothing but this:





The sample I'm holding represents one of 90 skeins, still in plastic wrap, in a huge box, on highest shelf of closet. It's 100% prickly donegal tweed, 30 years old. I paid a buck a skein on Ebay. What a deal!

Well, long story longer, I never found the "Yarns I Need" list. And without it, I just didn't feel right embarking on a fiber sale journey. I know many of you are admiring my will and resolve. Well, I have my faults, but making impulsive, frivolous, fiber purchases will never be one of them.

Peace and Blessings to All for 2004




Comments: Post a Comment