<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Sunday, January 25, 2004

Things That Scare Me
1. Two year old daughter yelling "Ohhh Nooooo!" from the other room.
2. Hearing my 75 year-old mother say "I Googled Johnny Cash."
3. Accidently swallowing a piece of Nicorette gum. I felt woozy for about an hour (remember that first Kool? Multiply x 6) but now I hope to be free of nicotine cravings for seven years.
4. Cal Thomas and Dr. Laura yucking it up on late night cable.
5. Pubes growing from my eyebrows.

Gnitting Gnus
The Berrocan is blocked and ready for assembly. I hate assembly.

I received this yarn the other day from Elann.com. I initially ordered it for the "Must-have" knit-a-long (Sarah, you ain't catchin' me not lookin' agin) but then thought it might work for the "Coppertone." Once here, the yarn told me (in a virginal, lush tone) that I Must Have been dreaming if I thought to use it for anything but a cardie.



So a Cardie I Must Have. Now I Must Have a pattern. I don't want to wait for mail order but I'm dreading calling around yarn shops to ask if they carry the pattern. Things that Scare Me ): 5. Calling yarn shops in search of Patons pattern book, not knowing the proper pronunciation of "Patons"

Yarn specs-
Brand: Peruvian Highland Virgin Wool
Color: Starlight Blue.
Price: Deuce-inna-quarter a skein. *
*For those of you not urbanly reared in the 70's, Deuce inna Quarter is 225, as in a nice big Buick, or for current purposes $2.25

I know, a deal like that is practically scary.




Comments: Post a Comment