<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Monday, February 23, 2004

Family Stuff
I've been neglecting this place and I apologize. I seem to be in a writing slump and have developed an avoidance reaction to all things knitbloggy.

Truthfully, I feel like I've developed an avoidance reaction to all things requiring thinking.
So I bring a Caker's tale.

Friday I'm on the couch knitting and The Cakers is next to me, looking over the side crying "My bayybeee! Momma, howp! (help)" I peer over the side of the couch (under end table) and see no baby.

"Honey, there's no baby."
"No momma, right dare!" I look again and see only this.

"Ana, there's no baby..."

"Ana get it," she says with confidence, as she crawls under the table. While reverse crawling from the apparent rescue mission, she's talking to something in a sweet motherly voice. "Awwww, you okay?"

In her hand, she's cradling the waft of pillow innards. "Ana's baby!" she says as she toddles to her toy Volkswagen. Opening the back hatch, She gently puts the fluff in the middle of the back seat and instructs the baby to "get in car seat."

I walk over for a closer look (it all looked kinda fuzzy from my perch) and see that there are actually three fluffy stuffs in the car. Two in the front and one in the back. What are you doing? I ask. "..Mommy....Daddy and Baby in the back. Bye-bye," she says.



Cute stuff, I know. I must admit to being a bit surprised (and relieved)that she didn't have the baby in the driver's seat.

::We've already done real battle over that issue. After she was allowed to "drive" a sled (i.e. sit in front of daddy), she thought the driving privilege should extend to the drive home. She didn't take it well...::

Back on the Knitting Front
I'm a mere two inches from completing the back of the Must Have cardigan. And it's looking mighty fine, if I must say myself.

I did notice that one side of one moss stitch panel is looking kind of gnarly, where I shaped for the armhole. I seem to recall reading something about this problem at the "Must Have" message board.

At this point the messy moss makes no never mind to me, as I'm surely not puttin' the frog to it now.

Have a Monday, all.




Comments: Post a Comment