<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Thursday, February 19, 2004

Pianist Envy
I'd hoped to have a "legitimate" new post written by now, but life is happening faster than my current ability to marvel at, record and regurgitate the details.

On that note, I bring to you the weekly quizzical post filler, courtesy of Sandy.

Schroeder
You are Schroeder!


Which Peanuts Character are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

I was initially disappointed at the results of this Peanuts-onality profile, because I was hoping to be Marcie. Now that I've settled a bit into the angstful artsy persona, it's ticklin' my ivories just fine.

I'm not a musician, but all my life I've wanted to play piano. In fact, whenever I sit at a piano, my soul whispers "You're supposed to know how to do this." Maybe someday...

Things have been nutsy on both home and work fronts. So there's been no knitting.

From the "I can't believe I'm actually paid to do this" File
Aside from the tedious paperwork, I really love my job. If there is such a thing as "true vocation," I have found it.

I almost always leave work for the day feeling like I made an impact, on something. Every once in a while, however, there occurs a special, momentarily electric connection between me and a student. When this happens, I experience a physical sensation I can only describe as "humming."

Humming accompanies a sudden blast of intuition or insight and feels like a low-grade bumble. It's like a furnace blowing little truths right through me, from sources unknown. I notice this phenonmenon maybe 1 or 2 times a month, but I've had three hummings this week already. Must be the boogs.

I guess I had a post in me today after all. For what it's worth.



Edit note 7:00 pm, 2-19: I made some changes. I almost deleted entirely....but didn't.




Comments: Post a Comment