<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Sunday, February 08, 2004

Sunday Sundries
Thanks for all the kind words and compliments on Thursday's post. I'm sorry for blindsiding some of you (as mentioned in comments). Truthfully, the post started out with just a mention of the anniversary and one little memory of the day. Somehow it sort of took on a life of its own. Evidently some stories just have their own ideas about the whens ways and means of getting themselves told.

I've been engaging in quite a bit of domesticology this weekend. My son and I had been battling over the filth in his room (I don't have high standards, but I have some standards). Although he finally surrendered, I'm not sure I'll be counting coup on the victory any time soon.

In the process of cleaning his room, he managed to fill my laundry room with dirty clothes, some of which I haven't seen him wearing since about October (and he even washed two loads himself before leaving for his dad's for the week). Add that to the leftover loads from last weekend and, well, let's just say the domestic joys of fluff-n-fold are getting mighty old.

And about last weekend's laundry: What happened to "Honey, I'm gonna do all the laundry before I leave for the Superbowl Party, so you won't have to worry about it...?" Evidently I missed the ..."until next weekend" ending.

Amy has some things she wants to ask God. Me too. I wanna know why it is that when a woman performs a household task, it mostly goes without notice (unless said task involves tossing out a cache of Mustang 5.0 magazines) but when a guy helps out around the house he expects a planet to be named after him? ::I love you honey!:: ::I edited previous post. The original thoughts came across much more harsh than I was thinking them::

I've also been doing some cooking. Yesterday I tried a new recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. It was a pork stew with redskins, cabbage, onions and apples. The only seasonings were salt and pepper and dijon mustard. It was incredibly delicious in a simple, earthy kind of way. All of the recipes I've tried from this series have been excellent. I think this was the best one, to date.

An Effin' FO!

Apologies for the sloppy shot. I was in a hurry

Sweater's done except for a few strands to be tucked and few loose ends need to be glued down to keep then from poking out. Then a final blocking is in order. It turned out pretty good, but I'm feeling more critical of it since it's going to my mother-in-law. The arms seem really skinny, for the body, but they are the correct measurement, per the pattern. .

I cast on last night for the "Must Have" Cardigan. I'm definitely going to need my stitch markers before I can proceed past the ribbing. Unfortunately, The Cakers toddled off with my little box of markers and they are no where to be found.

I'm finding that it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain full accessibility to my knitting tools with a curious toddler in the wings. You wouldn't believe how many of those retractible measuring tapes I've purchased in the past year. Every time I pull out a new one, she claims it's hers. Then I pull out a "back up" and she tries claiming that one is hers as well. She calls them yo-yo's.

Last night I asked her to find the "circles in a box" (stitch markers). She brought me a square, wooden beverage coaster, with a cut-out circle for a glass bottom. Well, it was a box with a circle,after all. She was pleased as punch. No sign of my stitch markers.

Last week, I forgot to give mention I received a little something from The Thready Bears:



It's Kureyon 90 and 92. These skeins are destined to become two Booga Bags. That 92 (to the right) is so delicious up close, I thinking I might have to have a matching sweater...someday. Someday.

Gotta run. It's time for Sunday Morning Services. I want to make sure I get a good seat, with a view of the cute guy.

For the record, the plastic wrap on the lampshade is coming off. I was trying the new purchase to see how it looked and got distracted.



Comments: Post a Comment