<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Friday, March 05, 2004

As the Kitty Litter Flies...
...and it's a good thing I'm using multi-cat clumping variety.

I've frogged the front piece of the Must've Cardie three times now. Last night's hippity hop was by far the most traumatic. As in four inches.

Evidently my confidence in having mastered the pattern blinded me from the reality that I hadn't mastered the pattern. The first full diamond was not wide enough, by about three stitches. I didn't catch it until I was halfway through the second diamond and noticed it seemed narrow.

I know exactly how it happened, too. I had done a quick pattern reference on what I thought was the last row of the pattern and forgot the instructions continued on the next page.

I have this thing about not resuming the knit immediately after taking a particularly bad hop. I wouldn't call it a superstition, it's more like the yarn and I both need some time to get over the assault. Time to heal.
Come this evening, however, I will barely think of those lost stitches. I will not consider what might have been. I'll knit like it never happened.

Sticky Dreams...
Two nights in a row, I dream of a mysterious anteater. Anyone else?





Comments: Post a Comment