<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Sunday, March 14, 2004

Must Have Been Doing Something Right (and left...)
I've made some notable gains on the front of my Must Have. It's amazing how fast a piece will grow without undue influence from the Barney Fife Factor of Knitting (aka Barffok aka terminal knittin' goofiness).



Double In Denimity
In Friday's comments, Maggi directed me to Elann for a Rowan Denim Substitute. Even though they were fresh out of skeins in blue (is that a Dylan tune?), this song had a happy ending. They also offer this stuff by the cone, and they still had it in my color choice (mid blue).

The cone provides more than what I need for this sweater so I'll have enough left over for a little somethin' for The Cakers. All for less than half of what I'd pay for the real thing.

Yarn on the Half Shell
Here's a shot of the Rowan Glace in Oyster.



I had imagined this color would be more in line with a Bisque, but I still like it. Since I already shucked my oyster pun in Fridays comments, per a challenge from Amy, I am officially clammed up on the topic. For the record, I've been wordplaying since about age 8, a la maiden utterance "Snow White and the Seven Drifts."

My son's basketball team took Districts yesterday. Yeah!

Housekeeping
I've made some changes in my sidebar and added links I've had buried in my "favorites" file for a long time. During this process, I seriously messed up a font tag, with frighteningly bold (and large) consequences. It took me about an hour to fix, although I'm still not sure what I did wrong.

When I started this blog, I had no knowledge of html (still don't know much) and taught myself the basics through a book. I'm very good at recognizing and duplicating patterns, which has gotten me through the temple of the template so far. Unfortunately, this means that when I inadvertently delete something with the power to mess up everything thereafter, I will likely have no idea what went wrong. But the Blog gods seem to be a font of fortune today.


Author's Note: I still have some knitting blogs to add, but my heartstopping error took up too much time and energy. Whenever I open that blog template, I feel like I'm performing brain surgery. After a "near tragedy", I'm somehow kind of wary of opening her up again.

Author's Note 2: Looks like the Barney Fife Factor is in effect for blog maintenance today. My side bar is still not right and I can't seem to find the fix. Please note that this look was not my intent.
.




Comments: Post a Comment