<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Friday, March 12, 2004

Okay, I Lied.
I said there would be few to no new posts this week and here I am again. But today's is quick-n-dirty, with actual knitting content (yeah, way).

Spring is in the Air Windchill
It's mid-March and we're currently experiencing single digit windchill temps. So what's a girl to do with her freeze-dried spring fancies? Maybe turn up the heat with a little of this.

If it gets too hot, this cool lacey breeze might be just the ticket.



Both of those patterns are from A Treasury of Rowan Knits. This book is my new true love and the lacey number (called "Peaches") is definitely on my spring/summer knitinerary.

In fact, I already have in my possession the Rowan Glace (in Oyster, even, same color as pictured) for the Peaches, courtesy of a recent Ebay coupe. I'll have a shot of the oyster (yum) later this weekend when I regain custody of my home computer.

This number from the Spring Knitters is Rowan my boat as well. I'll probably redub it "Anchors, Away" on account of my plans to skip the anchor pattern on the sleeves (it's too dark to see in picture). Neither can you see in this picture the cool length of cable ribbing, which is this pattern's twist de resistance for me.

I'm currently in search of the best deal on Rowan Denim for this pattern. It appears that the local yarn shops are selling it at about a buck a skein higher than the internet shops. I haven't decided on a color yet. I'm lost somewhere between Memphis and Tennessee. Maybe that would be Graceland? Hey, I just play'em as I see 'em.

And somehow I'm likin' this Phurry Phantasy for my Spring Phancy Collection as well.







Comments: Post a Comment