<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Monday, March 01, 2004

White Rabbit!


It was March 1, 1979. Corinne, one of my dearest college friends (or friend, ever) called me on the phone from her dorm room across the hall, yelled "White Rabbit!" and hung up. I remember it was March 1, because it wasn't April. I know that sounds weird, but that's just the way it was with Corinne. When we were together, weirdness made perfect sense.

Corinne and I hophazardly carried on the White Rabbit tradition through college and even a few years after. While we didn't get to it every month, for a few years running we never missed a March 1. One of us always remembered, for some reason.

Corinne ranks high on my list of all time favorite people and from time to time I feel very sad that we lost one another along the way (Our sweet Rachael makes me think of her, for some reason). You know how it goes. You let someone slip away just a little, believing you'll Always be able to reel 'em back, at will. But before you know, Always turns to Never and Foof she was gone.

I always wondered where Corinne got this White Rabbit thing. After she disappeared (or did I?), I never heard of it again. A quick "White Rabbit Day" google lead me to this site of Irish Customs. And here you can read about the rules.

And Corinne Beirne, wherever you are....I hereby White Rabbit your ass, with Love and Affection (this time with a little dedication).

*Disclaimer: The author of this blog bears no responsibility for the Jefferson Airplane song that may be hopping through your head for the rest of the day. Or the Joan Armatrading number, for that matter.

Designing Women
I'm sure you've all heard by now, that Magknits has arrived.

I'm not surprised to learn Gwyn's been putting out some fine booty. Alison's design is down right socculent and Mariko, well, she's just too hot to handle. Honestly, I was practically giddy with pride, seeing friends and neighbors amongst the designers. I know, I'm a goof.

I can hardly wait for the next edition. As the Cakers says "Again, Momma! Again!"




Comments: Post a Comment