<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Friday, April 23, 2004

I went to my first local Knit Meetup Wednesday. It was fun. Just four of us. I was clearly the eldest, by about a generation (or so), but it was good people, interesting conversation and knitting (of course), all in a hip, urbanly revitalized locale. I'll definitely do it again.



I've moved on from poopa bag to booga bag. Many thanks to Robbyn, for playing along and Ryan for the poop plug. These two must be some well-read bloggers because my site hits more than doubled from their referrals. Like flies on....rice?

The booga bag body is done and I'm currently working on my very first I-cord, for the handles. And I'm liking it. It's oddly satisfying. Addicting. Naughty even. Whatever it is, it seems to be striking a cord with me.

In fact, I am a bit worried that I might not be able to stop I-cording when it's time. While working along, I've been experiencing an uncontrollable fantasy of knitting my entire yarn stash into one I-cord, then rolling it into a huge ball. (Okay, for you Protectors of the Sacred Stash ::POSS?:: said fantasy does not include Indulgence.)

This is a picture of Booga Bag, when nearly complete:



Ad Hoc Commentary
Some TV ads have recently grabbed my attention. Last night I saw the one for Pepto- Abysmal. Anyone seen this? Where the office workers are all standing in a line, dancing the Macarreah? Oh my gawd. I guess one might consider it clever marketing because it gives me the Nausareah just to watch it.

Pass the pink.

And do ya think the actors in this are taking any calls from friends and family? ....Yeah, Grandma! That's me, dancing and urping and holding my butt crack to keep from crapping myself.

The Target ad with the kids appearing to jump on dishes of blue jello is catchy. But my current fave is for a new car model (I think it's new). The car is being driven through a residential neighborhood. As it drives past the houses, the garage doors open and close, implying an invitation to enter. The only soundtrack is Rick James' "Give it to me Baby."

Racy, yeah. Subliminal? Hardly.

Ever wonder what our culture would be like had Freud died a Jung man?




Comments: Post a Comment