<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Sunday, April 11, 2004



When I was going to Junior College, I left a package of two chocolate love bunnies (they faced each other in loving, candy-button-eyed gaze) for my boyfriend in our locker. Throughout the day, I repeatedly returned to the locker, to see if he had found them yet. But time and again, I found the unopened box just as I had left it.

After awhile, I grew impatient. And after another while, hungry.

Finally, in a fit of chocolate-love-bunny-desperation, I ripped open the package and devoured the ears of both rodents. Ashamed and panicked, I quickly put them back in their little packaged cut-out, to resume their loving, candy-button-eyed-now-earless gaze. Maybe he won't even notice, I thought to myself. Ha. Four years, I never lived it down.

::sigh:: Remember Bunny Love? Fast, furious and desperately sweet.

Knitting Aweigh!
Here's a pictorial update on the Anchors Away back. I'm actually about 3 more inches into it than what is shown here. The stockinette is sailing along, although it's quite drapey. My swatch tightened up well under wash and dry, so it should be okay.

(And yes, Maggi, they'll be no anchors in the sleeve. But the road is loooong...with many a winding turn. That leads us to whooooo...knows where...?) Anybody know what 70's group did a cover of that tune for the B side of a 45 hit?



Yesterday I had the full color/bling treatment at the salon. It was a nice 40-minute treat of near solitude. Just me and my knitting and my evil thoughts, under lofty layers of tin foil. Cozily safe from prying, telepathic forces.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. I'm still feeling "not quite right." Well, beyond the normal not-quite-rightness of me. Might be some bug. I feel like sleeping all the time, which is not me at all.

Jen and La: I'll work on reducing my Big Button for yaz. In fact, I'm posting this directly from the elliptical!

My Spring Break is officially over.
And it's a holiday.
And for the first time in weeks and weeks, my husband is not spending a Sunday in front of his work tube.

Therefore, fair bunnies, I must bid thee all adieu ....with this special Spring Holiday blessing:

May your eggs all peel easy,
For the egg salad maneuver.

May no plastic grass tangle
In the wheels of your Hoover.




Comments: Post a Comment