<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Saturday, May 15, 2004

Post U Late
I am very sorry for being so out of touch around here. I've been to about two blogs in as many weeks and am hoping that I've not missed any significant news.

As forewarned, work is sucking on my brain nearly all waking hours and probably some of my sleeping hours as well. I'm not actually producing any tangible work all those hours, mind you. It's hard to explain, but when I'm doing assessments, (particularly difficult ones) I tend to kind of live and breathe the student for a few days. I don't do it on purpose, but it's just the way my brain works. This system works well for me, actually, in my quest for enhanced, etiological understanding. The stupid thing is, hardly anyone even reads my reports. That's right, no one reads the reports that I do and redo, tweak and retweak, not stopping until someone wrenches the keyboard from my hands. I've tried to change. I've tried to cut corners. I can't. I won't. All Righty, that whine was much more than I intended to say on the matter.

Speaking of my brain...I was unable to stop obsessing on the white lacey cardigan (as I promised) and no, Maggi, I haven't resumed the Rancors Away pattern (as I promised, again).

So what have I been up to? I've been creeping around with yet another lace pattern. A creation of my own, sort of. ::Yikes, just typing it scares me. What was I thinking?::

Here's what I was thinking: I was wandering through a Mission Falls pattern book and saw a lacey rib cardigan. Hmmm..I likes it, says I. So I did some swatching, again. Then I did some mathing, and some more swatching and then I applied my findings into the structure of that Rowan beast that gave me the fits (you know I'm up to my eyeballs in evaluations when I use a word like "findings" in every day bloggersation). And...TaDa! I'm knitting a lacey cardigan using a lace pattern that doesn't cause me routine, lacially derogatory outbursts.



Last night I had a gasp moment when I realized that the Rowan pattern called for increases almost to the armpits, which I haven't been doing. Yes, I confess, I didn't read the directions fully. And yes, it's a classic Barffok move, or omission. And yes, Barney has no business dipping the toes of his brain remnants in this pool of complexity. But, Gee Willafokkers, ain't Barffokin' and thinkin'oxymoronic anyway?

This sweater is very fun, but between the size two turbos and dental floss-esque yarn, it's hard on the hands and very slow going.

I have some more knitting items to share, but I'm flat out of time. It's probably best to spread what little I have to say over a few days anyway.

Just a couple of weeks and I'll be back to normal..ish. Please know I've been missing you blog pals. And yes Greta, send chocolate.

PS, the Blogger seems to be working okay today, but Bron's having some bad luck, it seems (per a comment left here). If she doesn't show up in a day or so, I think we need to send out a search party.





Comments: Post a Comment