<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Saturday, June 12, 2004

A Bubble Shy of Plumb?


Or Gnasher of the Gnebulous?



While a silly lab pup was running amuck with an equally silly slab of knit, Cheddar the Chosen was ridding the universe of the insidious Evil Orb. All Hail The Great Cheese!

Gnitting Gnus
Not much to report on the knitting front. If you’ll recall, I’m devoting this week’s knitting time to my husband’s garter square afghan. As I started this week of torment devotion, I was 22 squares from my goal. So far this week, I've completed four more squares, which means I have just 22 squares to go.

Huh?
What math is this, you ask?

Well, earlier this week I decided I didn't like the tone of the off-white in the afghan's color scheme. It was too orangey. Too loud. And it exhibited an irrepressible need to be the center of attention, while refusing to get along with the two key players. After the four completed squares repeatedly ignored my warnings to tone it down, they were sent to their respective dooms on The Isle of Labrador.

Once the problem children were disposed of, I headed to the local yarn shop to check out the offerings. After a fitful, footslog through the aisled fibers, I found the perfect replacement. A nice, neat neutral who knows its place. A quietly sweet, varigated vanilla. In fact, this color is so bleakly meek, it shuns all publicity and refuses to be photographed.

So, stay tuned for more exciting tales on garter squares. Did you know there is more than one way to knit a garter square? Stay tuned....you won't be disappointed.




Comments: Post a Comment