<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Saturday, October 16, 2004

A Month of Sundries
Today I’m blogging up on odds and ends, and knitting is knumber one on my list.

A while back I promised my husband I’d finish his gagger square afghan before starting anything else. He did grant me a reprieve to perform a family knit duty (The baby sweater. Still needing buttons. I don’t get out much.)

But a promise is a promise and I’m back at it, with loathe love in my heart and a gag in my throat. Last night I recalculated the total garter square need and I have six more to knit. That’s two more than I believed I needed when I went to bed Thursday night. Really, I can't even conjure a clever whine about it, so let's move on.

Blazin’ Hussy
After I perform my wifely duty, ad nauseum , I hope to be Blazin’ new trails with Melissa and company.



Not only do I love this pattern, I also happen to have a hunk-o-hanks of the required stuff, which I practically stole from the T-Bears last year. (I know, drug yarn pushers have a way of spinnin' things to make you think you're getting away with something...until you're hooked.) Because short sleeve sweaters are a bit impractical in Michigan, in winter, I’m going to make ¾ length sleeves instead of the short.



Hey,Hey Good Lookin’….
Elizabeth is gathering recipes for a knit blogger’s cookbook! Go check it out. She’s already posting contributions.

It’s all about MeMeMeMe!
I’ve seen this one around the bloggerhood, but saw it first at Bron’s. I certainly don’t consider myself a knit guru, but hey, The Quizilla doesn’t lie. I just paste em as I cut em.

Knitting Guru
You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting
and do it all the time. While finishing a piece
is the plan, you still love the process, and
can't imagine a day going by without giving
some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation
involves leaving ample space for the stash and
supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn
ends and you begin.
http://marniemaclean.com


What Kind of Knitter Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Thanks La, for reminding me about my Random Thoughts responsibilities. I cut and pasted this week’s edition way last Sunday. I really like to mull my free associations over a bit, before I commit. It’s a Knitting Guru kind of thing, which you Knitting Purist types can’t understand. Sigh.



  1. Spacious:: cranium
  2. Crash:: Dave Matthews
  3. Autobiography:: Autoerotic
  4. Sparkly:: Soul
  5. Wild Thing:: The Cakers
  6. Haagen-Das:: mmmmm
  7. Sci-fi:: Old stereo
  8. Voice:: Inside my head
  9. Boy Scouts:: Girl pouts
  10. Grief:: Good

Night of the Livid Pig
A while back I mentioned that I was considering changing my blog name. I realize I never followed up on it(I’m bad like that), and would like to (belatedly) thank every one for their kind words of support.

I was still a pig on the blog name fence until recently, after receiving some late night callers. Uninvited.



While they were here for only a minute, it was definitely long enough for the lead pig to pickle me to the core with these simple words: The Pig, she stays. When the porkline squeals, the Guru listens.

So the pig, she stays.




Comments: Post a Comment