<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Thursday, October 14, 2004

Thursday's Poop Or: Just Some Little Turds
I have been working on one post all week, but this isn’t that. This is the classic Yikes!-No-Post-In-Days-So-Time-To-Pull-Something-Out-My-Butt post. Grab the T.P.

Speaking of pulling stuff out your butt and grabbing the TP, I’m happy to announce that The Cakers is about 99% potty trained, front and back. She’s pretty much done with the training chair and now perches precariously on the throne, au naturale. Her first poop was at the cottage last weekend, under a proud Nana’s watchful nose.

As many of you, when you have a tot in training, bodily functions become the family focus in both word and deed. But what’s really fun is when the young one becomes preoccupied with all things privy, including mommy and daddy’s Activities du Pot-TAY.

Yesterday morning The Cakers stood right outside the bathroom where her daddy had taken up temporary residence. Realizing he was out of toilet paper, daddy reached around to get a box of tissue. From the other side of the closed bathroom door he hears, “Daddy, that’s not the toilet paper!”

Upon exiting, daddy was greeted by his darling daughter holding out a gumball. “Here’s your gumball daddy! ‘Cause you’re a big, big boy!”

Clarify Me
Okay, about that ex-boyfriend thing.. You see, he mistakenly remembered that I drove a Volvo station wagon (which was really a Camry). When we met again, he tried to make small talk and asked about my car. He meant to say “are you still driving the Volvo?”.

This Couldn’t Weight
Remember that stupidly thin girl in high school who, in response to someone saying “You’re such a stick,” would say “Oh my Gawd, I’m a whale!” And remember how everyone hated her, but not because she was skinny (as she always presumed) but because she wouldn’t shut the eff up about how unskinny she really was?

Well, I found out what happened to her. She became a doctor. And to avenge the years of solicited animosity and related nightmares of being lunched at a Big and Tall convention, she came up with this notion.

You’re such a stick.
Oh my gawd, I’m a whale…on the inside!
From here on known as The Jonah Syndrome

Brother, Oh Brother
My brother is home from his “job” overseas. I’m glad. He’s sad.

Someday I might share some tales. But because he hopes to be rehired in a few months (and he's already on shaky ground for giving the local paper an interview that ended up on the front page of the Sunday paper), I’m keeping mums for now. It's weird business.

Knitting Knuggets
I have knone. But I’m thinking about it…..

Labels: ,





Comments: Post a Comment