<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Friday, February 04, 2005

Must Have Done Right
Thanks, everyone, for the kudos on my cardie. This having a finished knit product to wear, is all that it's cracked up to be, plus more!

In details, I did forget to mention that my Must Have was knit up in size large. I'm usually a medium (or small, even, without the kahunas) but this pattern ran smallish.

I do feel badly about joining the knit along, only to finish before the official start. But you know me, when it comes to knitting, I'm the village idiot pride. Never to be out done. Snort.

I did have to climb down from my pedestal last night, to frog that damn Blaze sleeve. This was no painless matter, either. Cabled Indulgence does not frog well. It pulls and knots and shoots off fury fiber boogs.

Speaking of boogs, I'm still not quite myself from my bug and am very much behind in both my chores both at home and work. So, at noon today, my sick husband called to tell me that The Cakers is sick and I need to come home, so he can go to a meeting and blow boogs all over some customers.

So I grabbed some easy paperwork tasks and hopped in the car. On the drive home, I pictured the Cakers resting peacably on the couch, enabling me to work quietly at the dining room table.

Once home, however, I find a rather chipper Cakers with an Earache My Eye, wreaking havoc in our tiny office, with my husband and a dog and a cat, while the cleaning lady has her way with the rest of my domicile. My ill-looking (albeit slimmer)Husband then leaves for his meeting, and I take over as the Keeper-of-the-Beasts-Who-Fear-The-Vacuum-Cleaner, for the next hour. This was not exactly how I pictured things.

Finally, the nice, clean lady leaves, so my daughter can run and jump through the entire house, stopping only to make frequent, unsicklike demands of her professionally and domestically overwrought, coughing-like-a-crack-ho, momma. ::Yesterday, I worried about coughing up a spleen. Today I fear finding my girl junk in my shoe. It ain't ova 'til it's ova?::

I had another post in the works for today, but it wasn't meant to be. As they used to say on the B-side of a Jackson-5 45, Maybe Tomorrow.

Tonight is basketball, again (We're just over halfway through. Lawd, help me.) Tomorrow dance, maybe. And over the weekend, two weeks worth of laundry.

Enough About Meme
Here's a quirky little quiz I found over at Hatamaran's. I was rather pleased with the outcome. The mucoidesque quality of my dish seems fitting, somehow.

fluffymack
You are Fluffy Mackerel Pudding!! You somehow
manage to combine seafood and dessert into your
wonderfully fluffy world. We should all be as
tolerant of New Taste Sensations. And of
big-yolked eggs.


What Weight Watchers recipe card from 1974 are you?
brought to you by Quizilla





Comments: Post a Comment