<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Mother of All Days 

The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant--and let the air out of the tires.- Dorothy Parker

We're in the midst of another family crisis. One which will not be easily resolved with a reassuring phone call, or a safe passage home. Today, a child of my extended brood is sitting in a county jail, instead of at his mother's dinner table.

Just Turned 17.
And in the blink of an adolescent, impulsive eye, Just Turned all our worlds upside down.

It's too hard to think about and talk about, today. Although, I'm pretty sure, when I resume my thinking on it tomorrow, it will be no less a tender pain in my heart.

In the meantime, I offer this Mother's Day gift.

A flower. Picked by my own delinquent Cakers, just this morning. Uninvited.



This photo was enhanced with some texture function in my software, but the color is unretouched.

Now, go kiss some mothers.
And babies.
And too tall teens.
Despite the opposition.

P.S. I apologize for the multiple publishing, but I haven't been able to see the post unless I scroll way down, and I'm trying to fix it. 'Cause it be buggin'.



Comments: Post a Comment