<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day 



My father died when I was 11. I don't remember any Father's Day celebrations when he was alive, but I guess we didn't do it up back then, like we do now. In fact, I'm afraid I have lost many distinct memories of him, over the years.

But if the reallocation of memory space is necessary, to make room for new images, like the one above, I guess that ain't such a bad thing.

I hadn't really planned on writing any of this, but here it is. I think the true impetus for sharing these thoughts, is that I feel so damn lucky to have found such a wonderful, loving partner. Who, not coincidentally, is an equally wonderful, loving father.

And a special Father's Day nod to my father-in-law, one of the dearest and most generous men I know, for showing us all, the way it's supposed to be done.

And for creating a legacy which will not be forgotten.



Comments: Post a Comment