<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Friday, June 17, 2005

Should We Stay or Should We Go? 



Go.

It's good to be home. Isn't it funny how your house smells different when you get home from vacation? Like you're smelling how other people sniff it for the first time? ::And no, I'm not talking the rotten banana peel in the trash under the sink::

To Frog, Perchance to Scream
AHHHHHHH...!!!





Yeah. I did it.

Why?

Because I could.

And, because I seem to have favored one armhole over the other, while doling out stitch decreases, and I feared for the visual integrity of the finished product.

But you frogged well past the armhole.

Oh, yeah.

Actually (Cakers new favorite word, btw), I also wanted the sides on the back piece to match the front. They didn't. Not a huge deal, but if I was already a-froggin', might as well do it for all the right reasons.

Besides, after such a heartbreak, it's nice to console oneself with a little something new.



This is a bastardization of Nina, a free tank pattern offered online, by Berroco.

Knit as directed, the resulting garment would cloak one boob in reverse stockinette, and the other boob in 1x1 rib. For some reason, this did not sound like a good look for me. So I'm ribbing on the side and stockinetting in reverse, up the middle, for the whole piece.

When I searched the Berroco site, looking for a tank pattern, this one did not show up. I found Nina through a link at The Daily Knitter. I've had this site bookmarked for months, and totally forgot about it. If you're looking for a free, online pattern, this is the place to start. They not only have a wide selection of categories, but each subcategory is also sorted by needle size.

This was a godsend for me (give us this day, our Daily Knitter...?) since my yarn is worsted and most of the cool, tank patterns I possess (or accessed on line) are for dk or lighter.

Yikes...where's the morning gone? I gotta get.

No clever, final thoughts today, so I'll borrow from one of the greats of modern thinkers, Jack Handey...
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.




Comments: Post a Comment