<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Sunday, December 24, 2006

All About Eve 

Yes, that's my Cakers and yes, she's still only 5 years old. I know.



We're making Christmas cookies this gorgeous Christmas Eve Afternoon. They're called Russian Teacakes, but they are different from the Tea Cakes my mom made when I was a girl, which were more like shortcake balls with nuts.

These cookies are really easy and unbelievably delicious and because some of you may not feel finished with Christmas until you put one more "Have to" on your list, and it's altogether possible that you have the ingredients for these cookies already in your home, I'm gonna gift you the recipe. Right here. Right now.

Russian Teacakes

1 cup salted butter, room temp.
1/2 cup confectioners sugar, plus extra for dusting.
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Fruit preserves of choice or chopped nuts.

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease cookie sheets.

In large bowl, cream butter and sugar, with electric mixer. Add vanilla, scraping down sides. Blend in flour and salt, mixing until combined.

Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter ::I like my balls a pinch bigger, but feel free to pinch your balls as you like. It's Christmas, after all.:: Place balls on cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Press down on the center of each ball with a spoon, to make an indentation. Fill each with your choice of preserves, or chopped nuts. ::I bet Hershey Kisses would be good too. Hmmm::

Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer cookies immediately to a cool, flat surface. When cookies are completely cool, dust them with confectioners sugar.

I always make a double batch. Because the dough has no eggs, one can freebase consume with impunity.

Enjoy.

Who Are You And What Have You Done With My Michigan?
This picture was taken just a few minutes ago. And this is wrong people. Just wrong. And I'm not talking about the port-a-potty, although I supppose that could be wrong too, on another level.



But instead of whining about a gorgeous day, I'm gonna get on my walking shoes and go out and get me summa dat.

P.S. The bottle of bubbly in the background of picture #1 is not open. It's for Mimosas du matin. Nanny boo.

P.P.S. Don't put the cookies in the oven and forget to set the timer and get on the internet. Just sayin'. And no, the bottle is not open.

Labels:





Comments: Post a Comment