<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Friday, November 14, 2008

Does This Post Make My Ass Look Old? 

Hello. My name is Marcia, and I am 50 years old. Today.

For my 49th birthday, I hatched an idea to write one little blurby thing about every year of my life. Then I got hung up on few technicalities, like how I was three years old, in my fourth year of life, then worried about how to write that.

Anyway. As I worked on this project, My one little blurb per year grew bigger, some years. So as not to overwhelm (you and me, both), I decided to stretch out posting my life story, across my 49th year (or is it my 50th year? See? Is it any wonder I drink?). Unfortunately, I stretched it so thin, it didn't happen.

So then I was going to post it the month leading up to my birthday.

Oops.

Then the week.

Heh.

Two days ago I hauled it out and went to work. I got to year 7 (or 8?) before I decided I needed some pictures. So I hauled out the pictures. That's when I decided that even though I've had 50 (49?) years to write my story, I still wasn't ready.

That's when I came up with the montage idea. It's kind of primitive, but so am I. And I'm still obsessing about not being able to get the photos to switch on a four count beat instead of five (or six?).



For the record, you are not yet out of the woods. For I WILL write my fifty things about my fifty years. Just as soon as I figure out exactly how many years being 50 is supposed to be.



Comments:
So many beautiful photos! I love your pixie look. Thanks for the montage.
 
Post a Comment