<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Psycho De Mayo 

Over the past week or so, I have been the picture of efficacy. Between mastering the Blaze pattern and getting totally caught up on report writing at work (unheard of, for this time of year, in the school setting), I be one Efficating Mutha.

At least that’s what it looks like from the outside. But on the inside, I’ve got some seriously demented, psycho-babblin'going on. And it’s all about the Graduation Party, aka The Graduation Open House,aka The Ritualistic Whoring of a Whousehold.

Oy. It’s too complicated to get into right now. But I will share that there are balls in my tale of woe.

Big Balls.
Blue Balls.
Big Blue Balls, that I could not let be....

But I can’t get into that, right now.

::I almost did, though. Did you see that? I almost did get into that, now. Damn.::.

Let's just say that I spent the better part of a week of Sundays, working on the invitation portion of the Open House Agenda, with not a damn thing to show for it.

Memewhile.....
I was tagged for this book Meme, by Laurie, way back,last week.

Q: You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
The Mists of Avalon by Marion Bradley Zimmer. It’s one of my all time favorites. And it's got just about everything you could want in a book: Historical facts, historical creativity, war, primal sex, prudish sex, magic, feminism, masculinism, homosexuality, heterosexuality, Three's a Crowd sexuality, incest, religious persecution, unconditional love, unmitigated hatred, survival of the human spirit and a lady in a lake. Armed.
.Q. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
No one comes to mind, but I’ve read me a butt load of books in my lifetime. If I had to name a guy, like, to save my life, or something, I’d say the Lord of Penmar. ::Was he the short guy? Built like a fireplug?::
Q. The last book you bought:
Hot Knits by Melissa Leapman.

Last “real” book? Maybe The Bone People, by Keri Hulmes.
Q. The last book you read:
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Carson McCullers. I was intrigued with this book, until about 2/3 through when it started to feel like a character circus free-for-all.
Q.Five books you would take to a desert island:
1.The Dollmaker, by Harriet Arnow. Because you can actually smell her writing.
2. Shel Silverstein's A Light in the Attic.
3. The Great Life Photographers, because with a book of great photos, the story possibilities are endless.
4. A really fat, thick, juicy, thesaurus. Because if you have a book that contains all the word relationships in the whole, wide world,the story possibilities are endless.
5. An anthology of short stories.
I'm not able to tag anyone for this meme,at this time. This is partly because I haven't been around the blogs all week, so do not know who's Meming whom.

And mostly because....Dude,I'm tired.

Maybe tomorrow. k?

Labels:





Comments: Post a Comment