<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Thursday, March 29, 2007

FO Reals 

Or...How the Prodigal Blogger Exploited the Completion of a Simple Spring Scarf So As To Give the Appearance of Having Written a Real Post, Suckass Photos Notwithstanding.

I've sprung Spring from the needles.

So let it be written.

So let winter be done.

::I know, I just screwed us, weather-wise, jinx-style. Although I admit that the first turn of the jinx screw was when I washed my summer shorts two days ago. Before they were out of the dryer, the temperature dropped 20 degrees.::
It appears that my lens was incapable of appreciating Spring's sheer magnificance. I was more than a little disappointed at how these turned out.

Here's a shot with emphasis on texture:



Here's the color gene pool angle:



And some fringe relations I'd invite to the reunion, any day.



I had hoped to get a nice picture of me and Spring and my Spring-Matching-Spring-Coat, out on the porch. Unfortunately, Cabana Boy is suffering from a case of Cabanukka Letdown, and has been spending afternoons pandering for loose change and used birthday candles, so was unavailable to provide the most essential Cabana Boy Photo Service.

Just another Cabana Boy Birthday Blunder, for which we all must suffer, through casting our eyes upon this:



I'm sorry. k?

Buttholes Are Like Excuses
I've been brain-weary and bone-tired the past two weeks, and unable to access two brain cells at the same time, so as to form a coherent thought. Despite that, I stayed up late last night, fringing Spring, so I could wear her on this most brisk Early Spring Morning. I'm here to say, finishing the job was definitely worth the risk of sleep-deprivation-induced-psychosis.

For I Love This Scarf.

::The above statement is in no way an admission or denial of guilt, as to the alleged allegations that a middle-aged woman was observed humping a magnificent scarf, early this morning, in the staff parking lot of a suburban high school. Alcohol was not considered a factor in this event, although it may be relevant in the telling. But I'm not one to gossip. So you didn't hear it from me.::
Tomorrow is the first day of Spring Break, and hopefully the first day of a sorely needed Textual Healing.

That being said, I have no idea what the hell is up with the contrived use of caps in this post, but my fingers seem to like them and my brain has no power to stop them.

And now I'm done.

Oops. Now I'm Not Done.
The specs. I Forgot the Specs.

Damn the wine.
And the grapes.
And the vines upon which they grow.

But not too much, with the damning.
For I Love The Wine.

But I Will Not Hump The Wine in a Parking Lot.
Ever.
Anywhere.

That's Just Crazy Talk.

Uh...where was I? Oh yeah.
Pattern: Amy Singer's Mimi Long Scarf, or something like that. ::Pattern is no longer available at her blog.::

Yarn: Lorna's Laces, Lion and Lamb, ::And a lovely look at alluring alliteration.:: in Glenwood.

I used 3 skeins, plus Some Extra Love, care of The Boys. ::smooches::
.

Labels: ,





Comments: Post a Comment