<$BlogRSDUrl$>

••• Tuesday, January 31, 2006

So Glad We Med 

I'm up for air. Briefly.

Over the weekend I spent over 10 precious hours studying for the test. And then a couple more hours on a report for work. I did finish reading and outlining (on color coded index cards, even. What a fuckin' dweeb.) the study manual that covers DSM-IV diagnoses and recommended treatments. And there were meds.

Lotsa meds.

Even though a good time was had by all, my brain feels like the tip of a magic marker that's lost its cap. All dry-eyed and fuzzified.

And, because I have had nothing to think or talk about for days, but testie psychobabble, I thought I'd distract myself with a pleasant, topically benign MEME.

And it goes something like this:

Four jobs you've had in your life:
1.Reality Checker
2.Rapid Cycler
3.Auto Mechanism
4.Disease Model
Four movies you could watch over and over again:

1.Binge-y
2.Man of La Munchauser
3.Bi-Polar Express
4.Freud Green Tomatoes
Four places you have lived:
1. Great State of Denial
2. Panic, Pennsylvania
3. Moody, Alabama
4. Normal, Illinois.
Four TV shows you love to watch:
1.Sex Files
2. Arrested Development
3. The Median
4. Everybody Idealizes Raymond
Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Jungstown, Ohio
2. Catatonia, Spain
3. South of the Borderline, Mexico
4. Delusion Islands
Four websites you visit daily:
1.The Obse*ssive Comp*ulsive Foundation
2.The Obse*ssive Comp*ulsive Foundation
3.The Obse*ssive Comp*ulsive Foundation
4.The Obse*ssive Compu*lsive Foundation
Four of your favorite foods:
1. Bacon, fetish and tomato sandwich.
2. Word salad
3. Ego Waffles
4. Creme DeMentia ice cream sundaes.
I tag anyone with the proper psychotropic credentials.

I Wanna Hear You Say It
That you love me.
And my shawl.
Because I'm not going away until you do.
Say it.
Say. It.

I love you.
I love your shawl.
You both so pretty.
I could bawl.



My plan today was to share a more functional shot of my shawl, with the new ruffle. For some reason, though, the new ruffle looks an awful lot like the old one.

But it's not.
It's different.
It's better.

And I love it, so.

My other plan for today was to use my obsession with my new shawl to deflect from the real issue, which is that,on account of the testie that ate my magic marker,I have no knew knitting knuggets to share.

I know, this is going downhill muy rapido.

And it's bed time.
And med time.

So, just say it.

::If you already said it in response to one or both of the two previous posts on this shawl, (thank you!) you are under no obligation here. But you can still say it. Again. Of course. You know, like a positive role model for those who feel too shy to come forward. A big sister sorta thing. Yeah. See? It's an opportunity. To reach out.::

All right.
Say G'nite Gracie.

*Does that misplaced asterisk on compulsive bother anybody?

Labels: , ,





Comments: Post a Comment